What is a Cycloid?
- A cycloid is a curve generated by a point on the circumference of the circle as the circle rolls along a straight line with out slipping..
- The moving circle is called the "Generating circle" and the straight line is called the "Directing line" or the "Base line".
- The point on the Generating circle which generates the curve is called the "Generating point"
What is Epicycloid?
- The cycloid is called the epicycloid when the generating circle rolls along another circle outside(directing circle)
- The curve traced by a point on a circle which rolls on the out side of a circular base surface
CONSTRUCTION OF EPICYCLOID
construction of hypocycloid
- The curve traced by a point on a circle which rolls on the inside of a circular base surface.