construction of hypocycloid
- The curve traced by a point on a circle which rolls on the inside of a circular base surface.
- Step 1: Divide the rolling circle in to 12 equal divisions.
- Step 2: Transfer the 12 divisions on to the base surface.
- Step 3: Mark the 12 positions of the circle - center (C1,C2,C3..) as the circle rolls on the base surface.
- Step 4: project the positions of the point from the circle.
- Step 5: Using the radius of the circle and from the marked centers step off the position of the point.
- Step 6: Darken the curve.